LASIK eye surgery is a procedure which is used for improving vision abilities of people. The surgery aims at treating myopia (shortsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism (blurry vision from both distances). To buy health insurance these days has become an important decision. To buy health insurance, reading the cover is very essential. How Much Does Laser Eye Surgery Cost in Jacksonville?
LASIK Cost in Jacksonville may differ at different places due to differences in technology and many other factors. With continuous medical developments many new techniques are introduced for elective surgeries and theses changes affect the cost of surgeries. In this article get info on Average LASIK Eye Surgery Cost in Jacksonville.
LASIK Cost in Jacksonville
LASIK effectively treats the refractive defects which cause blurred vision in patients. The surgery helps in getting rid of dependency on vision eyeglasses or contact lenses. The average cost of LASIK eye surgery comes in the range of $1600 to $3200 per eye.
Laser Technologies at Jacksonville
Many technologies are available for Laser eye surgery these days in Jacksonville, your eye center facility may have some or all of the listed technologies to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. The cost of surgery changes with the choice of procedure and package inclusions, so make sure to ask about the cost of procedure recommended to you. Some of the major forms of Laser eye surgery techniques used at most of the clinics at Jacksonville are:
- Lasik (Laser-Assisted in situ Keratomileusis)
- SBK (Sub-Bowman’s Keratomileusis)
- BladeLess Lasik
- LASEK (Laser Epithelial in Situ Keratomileusis)
- Epi-Lasik (Epithelial flap Lasik)
- PRK (Photo-Refractive Keratectomy)
- ASA (Advanced Surface Ablation)
LASIK Is For Who?
Any individual who is facing vision problems like nearsighted or farsighted or astigmatism and is in good health condition can opt for LASIK surgery. In general, these are the considerations for LASIK surgery:
- You should be at least 18 years of age or older
- You should have had stable vision for at least a year
- You should not be having any major health issues affecting your eyes
- You should not have any kind of injuries on eye or have major issue like dry eyes or corneal thinning.
Available Finance Options
LASIK surgery cost is not reimbursed by insurance companies but you must check with your insurance company about the cover inclusions and any special plans wherein the surgery may get benefits from insurance company. If your insurance company does not cover the cost of LASIK eye surgery you can use following listed finance options:
- Easy installment options provided by doctors at vision care centers.
- Health benefit schemes like FSA (Flexible Saving Account) and HSA (Health Saving Account) can also be used for payment of LASIK eye surgery. Under these schemes savings lying in the account are exempted from tax. The exempted tax amount is further diverted towards the cost of LASIK eye surgery
- Many finance companies also offer special medical credit care cards to patients for payment of surgeries which are not covered by health insurance companies. You can also use regular credit card for the payment of elective surgeries.
Read Interesting Article: LASIK Cost in El Paso
Article first published on June 4, 2020.